Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Southern Gospel View

Growing up as a youngster, I listened to souther gospel and quartet style music the majority of the time. Going through the teenage years saw rebellion against the "moral high ground" and thus a different taste of music. I now see looking back that my entire musical ability and keen ear is based on the hours upon hours of hearing the Kingsmen, Gold City, The Oak Ridge Boys, Gaither Vocal Band and so on. It taught me skills I use to this day and developed my ear to hear the amazing harmonies and forms of many different styles. As a core to expand upon, Southern Gospel hits the root of all modern music, and I attribute it to my appreciation of the art form of music as a whole.

My brother Kyle is a part of the Southern Gospel music rebirth as I see it, and I invite you to check out his blog, the Southern Gospel View. Enjoy!